Know the simple steps for Central Excise Duty Payment Online. Here is the direct link for online excise payment / excise e payment. The assessee who is going to pay Central Excise Duty through online has to follow some instructions that are as follows.
Central Excise Duty Payment
It is easy for each taxpayer to make Central Excise Duty Online Payment. Going to the office and making the Central Excise Duty payment takes more time and waste of energy. To avoid such difficulties, in 2007 CBEC launched a web-based payment gateway known as Electronic Accounting System in Excise and Service Tax (EASIEST). W.e.f 1st October 2014, the Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC) had made it mandatory for all Central Excise Duty and Service Tax Assessees to make the payment of tax/duty electronically through net banking.
Online Excise Payment
- To make Service Tax and Central Excise duty online payment visit NSDL-CBEC site cbec-easiest.gov.in.
- On top menu click on ‘e-Payment’.
- Enter the 15 digit Assessee Code allotted by the jurisdictional Commissionerate.
- Then it will check the validity of the Assessee Code entered.
- If the code is valid, then the page will be displayed with Assessee details like Name, Address, Commissionerate code etc.
- Based on that Assessee Code, the Service Tax or Excise Duty to be paid will be automatically selected.
- Assessee needs to select the Duty/Tax to be paid.
- To pay service tax select ‘(0044) Service Tax’. For Excise duty payment select ‘(0038) Central Excise Duty’.
- Assessee needs to select the type of Duty/Tax to be paid.
- For service tax click on ‘Select Accounting Codes for Service Tax’. For Central Excise click on ‘Select Accounting Codes for Excise Duty’.
- The taxpayer can select upto 6 Accounting Codes at a time.
- Next, you have to select the Bank Name through which the payment is to be made.
- Finally, click on ‘Proceed’ then a confirmation screen will be displayed. If you want to clear the form, click on ‘Clear the Form’.
- If the data entered is correct, confirm and it will be direct you to the net-Banking site of the Bank you selected.
- In the net-banking site, log in with the user id and password and enter payment details at the Bank site.
- On successful payment, a challan counterfoil will be displayed with payment details, CIN, and Bank name.
- This counterfoil is proof of Central Excise Duty Payment being made.
For Direct link to Easiest e payment Click Here
To avail this excise e payment facility, the taxpayer must have a net-Banking account with any of the Banks listed below. With these following banks, you can access the e-Payment facility.
|4.||Bank of Baroda|
|5.||Bank of India|
|6.||Bank of Maharashtra|
|8.||Central Bank of India|
|15.||Indian Overseas Bank|
|16.||Oriental Bank of Commerce|
|17.||Punjab & Sind Bank|
|18.||Punjab National Bank|
|19.||State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur|
|20.||State Bank of Hyderabad|
|21.||State Bank of India|
|22.||State Bank of Mysore|
|23.||State Bank of Patiala|
|24.||State Bank of Travancore|
|27.||Union Bank of India|
|28.||United Bank of India|
Frequently Asked Questions on Excise e Payment
Whom should I contact if I face any problem while making payment through the internet?
- If any problem encountered while entering non-financial data at the NSDL-CBEC website, then you can contact through [email protected]. You should indicate the subject as ‘Online Payment of Indirect Tax’.
- If any problem encountered at the net-Banking web page of your Bank while entering the financial details, then you should contact that corresponding Bank for assistance.
On completion of the transaction, if the counterfoil containing the CIN is not displayed & if I want duplicate counterfoil whom should I contact?
Check your bank website, as it provides the facility for re-generation of e-challan counterfoil. If not once contact your Bank and request them for duplicate challan counterfoil.
After making Central Excise Duty e Payment or Service tax payment what should I do if the status of challan is not available under ‘Challan Status Enquiry’ on NSDL-CBEC site?
You can verify the status in the ‘Challan Status Inquiry’ at NSDL-CBEC website after 5 to 7 days of making Online Excise Payment and Service Tax payment. In the case of non-availability of the challan status contact your Bank.
What should I do if my account gets debited more than once for the same e-tax transaction?
During the transaction or after completing the transaction if the Bank site get disconnected before generating Taxpayer counterfoil or encountered any error then don’t do the same transaction again. Instead, check your account once, and if the account is being debited then contact your Bank for regeneration of taxpayer counterfoil.
Please remember to check your account. Do not make the same transaction again. It will result in the account being debited more than once for the same e-tax transaction.