What should I do if I forgot my eFiling Password?
Forgot Income Tax Efiling password? A common mistake made by many taxpayers is forgetting the login id and the password for eFiling of income tax returns. However, taxpayer’s login id is PAN (Permanent Account Number) itself; your password is a unique code that has been created by you. If in case assessee has forgotten his income tax filing password, he can use the following methods to reset income tax password.
How to Reset Income Tax Efiling Password?
In Income Tax India website there is no option for recovering the old password, So it is important to keep in mind. However, what you can do is reset and create a new password. After creating a new password, you can log in with the new password.
There are two methods available for resetting the income tax eFiling password. There are described below.
- Through Income Tax India official website.
- Sending an email to Income Tax Indian Department.
Reset Income Tax Efiling Password through Income Tax Website
For resetting your password on the income tax website, just go through the steps given below.
- Visit Income Tax India Official Website www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in.
- Click on Registered User and Enter User ID and Click on Forgot password.
- A new page will appear as shown below.
- On submitting your Login details, you would be given three ways of recovering eFiling password as shown above.
- Answer Secret Question.
- Upload Digital Signature Certificate.
- By Using OTP(PINs).
- Click on any of the following ways and click on submit.
Answer Secret Question
To Reset Efiling Password using the ‘Answer Secret Question’ option, follow the steps given below.
- In Income Tax India Official Home Page, Click on “Login Here”.
- Click on “Forgot Password?” link.
- Enter User ID (PAN), Captcha & Click on Continue button.
- Select “Answer Secret Question” option from the drop down & Click on Continue button.
- Enter the Date of Birth and Select the Secret Question from the drop down list.
- On success, Enter the New Password & Confirm the password.
- Finally, Click on “Submit”.
On successful completion of password change, a message will be displayed and Taxpayer can log in with new password.
Upload Digital Signature Certificate
You can also Reset your Password using the ‘Upload Digital Signature Certificate’ option.
Follow the simple steps to Reset Password by Uploading the Digital Signature Certificate.
- Visit Income Tax India Official site.
- In the homepage, Click on “Login Here” then select “Forgot Password?”.
- Enter your PAN as User ID, Captcha and Click on Continue.
- Choose “Upload Digital Signature Certificate” option from the drop down.
- Select any of two options provided: i. New DSC ii. Registered DSC.
- Upload Digital Signature Certificate and click on the “Validate”.
- On successful upload of DSC, Enter the New Password & Confirm that password and click on submit.
You can also Reset your E-filing password Using On Time Passwords (PINs).
Follow the below steps for Reset Efiling Password.
- In Income Tax India official website, and click on “Login Here”.
- Select Forgot Password and Enter your PAN as User ID then click on Continue.
- Choose “Using OTP” from the drop down.
- Select one of the following options.
- Registered Email ID and Mobile Number.
- New Email ID & Mobile Number.
- By using above methods, assessee can Change his eFiling Password.
Reset Password By Sending Mail To Income Tax Department
In case the assessee is unable to reset his password through any of the above methods, he can send a mail to [email protected]. Assessee has to Send the following details in the email.
- PAN Number.
- Taxpayers Name.
- Date of Birth/ Date of Incorporation.
- Father’s Name.
- Mailing Address.
For more queries on eFiling Refer