What is ITR V Form? Why should we submit the ITR-V form when we have already submitted the ITR Form Online?
ITR-V (Income Tax Return – Verification) is an Acknowledgement Slip that is generated after submitting the Income Tax Return (ITR) Online. It is not required to download, sign and send the Income Tax Return Verification Form to the IT Department if you have submitted your Income Tax Return (ITR) using your Digital Signature. If you don’t have the Digital Signature you have to send the ITR V form to the Income Tax Department.
Before sending any form, it is required to sign stating that all details furnished are true & fair and correct & complete in all respects. So, ITR V Form is required to be submitted to Income Tax Department as at the time of e-filing of IT Returns.
How to Download ITR V Form? What is the ITR V Password for PDF File?
Procedure 1: ITR V Form Download
- Income Tax Department will send the ITR V form to the Email ID (which you entered at the time of creating your user-id and password on official website www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in)
- Download the ITR-V form from your mailbox.
- That mail will be from mail id – [email protected]
- If you have not found the ITR V form in Inbox, you are also requested to check the Spam folder because sometimes the mail may be in the Spam folder.
If you have not received your ITR V form by email, here is another procedure to follow.
- Visit Income Tax official website www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in.
- Login to your account with PAN number as your Username.
- Then you will see a Dashboard.
- Click on “View Return/Forms”.
- There you can see the status of all the Returns filed by you.
- Now click on the Acknowledgement Number (ack no).
- Finally, click under Download/Status Description ITR-V/Acknowledgement to download your ITR-V form.
Password for ITR V PDF File:
- In Procedure 1, the ITR-V send to your mail is a password protected zip file. This is to ensure that it is accessed by the appropriate user.
- The password to extract that file is a combination of the PAN No. of the Assessee ( in small letters) and the Date of Birth.
If the PAN is AAZCK1234C and the Date of Birth is 10-Mar-1993, then the ITR V Password would be aazck1234c10031993.
How to fill and send the ITR V Form?
After downloading the ITR V Acknowledgement form,
- Take a print out of ITR V Form.
- Fill the required details like Name, etc.
- Sign the ITR V Acknowledgement form and sent it by speed post or by normal post to the following address
Post Bag No. 1, Electronic City, Post Office, Bengaluru, Karnataka – 560100.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the time frame for submitting the ITR V to CPC?
You need to send the ITR V Form to the CPC of the Income Tax Department within 120 Days of filing the Income Tax Return Online.
How come we know whether the ITR V form received or not by IT Dept.?
The Income Tax Department does not issue any receipt on receiving ITR-V Form. If the Form is not received by the within 120 days, then Income Tax Dept. will send a reminder email for the same.
Can I submit the ITR V Form to CPC after 120 days?
In case you forgot to send ITR-V within 120 days, you can submit the form to CPC fresh if the time of filing Income Tax return has not elapsed. The last date of filing IT Return for the assessment year 2016-17 is 31/03/2017.
How can I check the ITR V Receipt Status Online?
ITR V Status:
You can check the ITR V Receipt Status Online using you PAN number on the e-filing website of the Income Tax i.e. incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in
Direct link: https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/e-Filing/Services/ITRVStatusLink.html
In which case ITR-V will be rejected at CPC?
It may be rejected due to signature missing, poor quality, or Xerox copy of the ITR-V form. In such cases, you should again send the signed hard copy of the valid ITR-V form within 120 days of filing of the IT return.
What should I do if I have got “ITR-V not received” communication from CPC?
In such cases, you should again send the signed hard copy of the valid ITR-V form within 120 days of filing of the IT return.
What are the important points to remember while sending ITR V Form?
- For printout, Only A4 Size sheets should be used.
- It should be printed in Black Ink only.
- Please do not make any watermark on the form. Watermark of Income Tax Department printed automatically on each form is only permissible.
- You should not type anything on the back of this ITR V form.
“I further declare that I am making this return in my capacity as __________ and I am also competent to make this return and verify it” here WHAT do I need to fill on this above ___________?
In the above blank, you need to fill your ‘Name’.