Many times it may happen that the assessee has paid excess tax as against the tax required to be paid by him. In such a case the taxpayer is granted an Income Tax refund of the excess tax paid by him. In this part, he can gain knowledge about various provisions relating to the claim for refund of excess tax paid by the taxpayer. There are some cases where assessee will qualify for a tax refund. Let us take a look at eligibility criteria for Income Tax Refund.
How to Track Income Tax Refund Status?
The Income Tax department allows the taxpayer to track the status of his refund. If his officer in charge has not completed assessee’s tax refund procedure, Taxpayer will receive a message notifying.
- Get Refund through Direct Transfer
- Excess tax paid by the taxpayer can be reimbursed by crediting his bank account with ECS transfer. RTGS or NECS are also used to transfer the tax refund directly into assessee’s account, using his ten digit account number and MICR code, through the State Bank of India.
- You(taxpayer) can track his income tax refund at Income Tax India official website or through NSDL-TIN website.
- Refund by Cheque
Assessee can track this with the speed post service that has been tasked with delivering it, using the reference number that the Income Tax department will give you.
Steps to Track Income Tax Refund Status
Let us take a look at Steps to Track Professional Tax Refund status in India.
- To Track Income Tax Refund Status online Visit Income Tax India efiling official Website: https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/e-Filing/UserLogin/LoginHome.html
- Login to the e-Filing website with User ID(PAN Card No), Password, Date of Birth or Date of Incorporation and Captcha.
- Go to My Account, click on “Refund/Demand Status”. The following details appear as shown
- Assessment Year.
- Reason (For Refund Failure if any).