A UIN (Unique Identification Number) shall be alloted for declaration either through paper or through electronic format. The assessee shall digitize the paper declaration and upload all declarations including paper/ electronic declaration that is received during a particular quarter at the departmental site on the quarterly basis. Here the Assessee can get the Format to Allot UIN and as well as UIN Status, How to Allot UIN Number for Form 15G, Who can file Form 15G, etc.
What is the Format to Allot UIN
The Unique Identification Number (UIN Number) will consist of 3 fields. They are
- Sequence Number (10 Digit Alphanumeric Number for Form 15G/ 15H).
- Financial Year for which declaration is being furnished.
- Tax Deduction Account Number (TAN) of the Payer.
The Taxpayer shall allot the UIN (Unique Identification Number) to each declaration, and such UIN shall be in will be in the format as:
10 Digit Alphanumeric Number + Financial Year + TAN 10 Digit Alphanumeric Number
- For Form 15H, this 10 Digit Alphanumeric Number starts with H followed by 9 digits (Example: H000000001).
- For Form 15G, this 10 Digit Alphanumeric Number starts with G followed by 9 digits (Example: G000000001).
The paper declaration shall be digitized by the taxpayer, and the same shall bear sequence number out of the same “Running Sequence Number Series” which is used for online submission. Unique Identification Number (UIN) running sequence number series shall be reset to 1 in the case of each TAN of the Assessee at the start of each Financial Year (F.Y).
Instruction to e-file Statement of Form 15H/15G
The Assessee to file the Statement of Form 15H or 15G should hold a valid TAN and must be registered as “Tax Collector & Deductor”. If the taxpayer has not registered, he should go to incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in and register himself as Tax Deductor and Collector and complete the registration process.
These are the steps to file statement form 15H/ UIN Number for Form 15G:
- Download the Form 15H/15G utility from the Downloads page.
- Click on Forms and other than ITR Forms.
- Then click on Form 15H/ Form 15G and prepare the XML zip file.
- DSC (Digital Signature Certificate Registration) is Mandatory to file Form 15H/15G.
- Generate the signature for the zip file using Digital Signature Certificate Registration (DSC) Management Utility that is available under downloads.
- Login through TAN Number and go to e-file.
- Upload Form 15H or Form 15G.
- Upload the zip file along with the signature file.
What is Unique Identification Number?
UIN is a Numeric Identification Code and is a 12 digit individual identification number that is attached to a business entity or item which is exclusive to that particular entity. UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) which is a government agency in New Delhi will issue this UIN which is also known as “Aadhaar”. This number will serve as a proof of identity and address, anywhere in India.
Is there any specific file available to fed and then uploaded on the e-filing site?
Till now the exact file format is yet to be specified on the income tax e-filing website. New provisions are applicable with effect from 1st October 2015, and the declarations are to be uploaded on the quarterly basis. As per now December 2015 is the 1st quarter for which declarations are required to be uploaded which is yet not over. Keep on visiting E-filling website so that you can get the latest information and file formats.