IncomeTaxIndiaEfiling, the official website of Income Tax Department India to help assessee file their Income Tax returns online for the financial year. Income Tax eFiling Online Steps are available here. Income tax department of India must know that you have paid correct tax. To find out this, you efiling income tax return online. e Filing income tax return is very easy when compared to offline Tax return filing. Within few minutes, you can efile income tax return online by yourself. Check out income taxefiling steps here. Efiling of income tax return made easy nowadays.
Income Tax eFiling
As per the Income Tax Act of 1961[Section 139(1)], individuals whose total income during the previous year exceeds the maximum amount not chargeable to tax, should efiling of income tax return. Department of Income Tax has provided the facility of free Income tax filing to generate e-return and to file the IT return electronically. The Income Tax eFiling Online service is simple to use and contains guideline instructions on how to use it. By using the efiling Income Tax Return facility, the taxpayer can quickly file their return of income. Income Tax e filing is mandatory if there is any Tax refund or tax payable. With this IT Return e filing, You can easily efiling of income tax return online.
Read More: Forgot Income Tax efiling password
What is e-Filing?
The process of efiling of income tax return through online is known as Income Tax e-Filing. E-filing Income tax is mandatory for companies to submit the income tax return electronically for the assessment year.
eFiling of Income Tax Return is compulsory for the following clients.
- Where accounts are required to be audited under [Section 44AB].
- Where audited under [Section 44AB] is not applicable and
- The return is furnished in ITR-3 form or ITR-4 form.
- The individual or Hindu Undivided Family being a resident has Assets, including financial interest in any entity Which is located outside India.
- An assessee who has income from any source outside India or Signing authority in any account located outside India.
- Any relief under Section 90 /90A or deduction under section 91 is claimed in respect of tax paid outside India.
- The Taxapyer required to file a report audit specified under sections 10(23C) (iv), 10(23C) (v), 10(23C) (vi), 10(23C) (via), 10A, 10AA, 12A(1) (b), 44AB, 44DA, 50B, 80-IA, 80-IB, 80-IC, 80-ID, 80JJAA, 80LA, 92E, 115JB, 115VW of the act. Allow a notice under section 11(2)(a) shall eFile the same.
- Total income exceeds Rs. 5 lakh rupees or any refund is claimed (other than Super Senior Citizen furnishing ITR1 Form or ITR2 Form).
- In cases covered by audited under [Section 44AB] above, the return is required to be e-Filed under digital signature (DSC).
Type of Income Tax e-Filing – Efiling Income Tax Types
There are three ways to efiling of income tax return:
- You can e-File the Return through an e-Return Intermediary (ERI) with or without Digital Signature Certificate (DSC).
- Use Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) or EVC to e-File. If Income tax return filed with a DSC / EVC, there is no further action needed.
- e-File without Digital Signature Certificate(DSC), in such case an ITR-V Form is generated. This Form should be printed, signed and submitted to CPC, Bangalore by using Ordinary Post or Speed Post ONLY within 120 days from the date of e-Filing.
Types of e-Verification of IT Return
There are three ways to verify the Income-tax return electronically.
- e-Verification by using e-Filing On Time Password (OTP).
- By e-Verification by NetBanking login.
- e-Verification by Aadhaar OTP validation.
The pictorial representation for e-verification of return is as follows. Check out Steps for Income tax efiling login here.
Income Tax Return Efile – Excel Utility
|ITR Form||Description||Excel Utility|
How to Register on the Income Tax efiling website and File Returns?
The IncomeTaxIndiaEfiling website is the Income Tax department online portal that allows to income tax return efiling for every financial year. Check out the following steps for efiling of Income Tax Return. The following simple steps will help you income tax efiling login/register on the Income Tax department website for Incometaxefiling. To get register in IncomeTaxIndiaEfiling website check out the following steps.
- Log on to the Income Tax India official website: incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in.
- On the right top of the Home page, you will see a “New to e-filing?” tab, Click on it.
- Select the User Type from Individual/HUF, Other than Individual/HUF, Bulk PAN Verification, Tax Professional and Third Party Software Utility Developer and click on Continue.
- Enter your PAN Card, Name and Date of Birth.
- The PAN Number will be used as your User ID to the income tax department website.
- On the E-filing Registration Form, setup your password and security questions, in case you forget your password.
- The Password mus contain lowercase and uppercase letters along with special characters.
- Enter your mobile number & email ID.
- Finally, enter your Present, Permanent Contact Address details.
- The IncomeTaxEFiling India website will verify your PAN to their database and display your transaction ID and contact details on the last screen.
- You will need to activate your Incometaxefiling account by clicking on the activation link in the email.
- And your incometaxindiaefiling account is setup & ready for you to view your Income tax credit statements and IT returns.
efiling of income tax return is an easy process compared to offline income tax filing. To avoid the late filing penalty every taxpayer of India must file the income tax return on or before Income Tax due date. The Income Tax Department of India made the process of income tax filing more easy to all taxpayers.
How do I e -File my Return?
- On the homepage, Go to ‘Downloads’ and select applicable ITR Form of the relevant Assessment Year.
- Download the excel utility from of the Income Tax Return (ITR).
- Fill the excel utility form and Validate.
- Generate an XML file and save in destination to your desktop or system.
- Login to e-Filing IT Return application via incometaxefiling login and then go to ==> e-File ==> Upload Return.
- Select the ITR Form( Income Tax Return) and the Assessment Year, and Select the XML file.
- Upload Digital Signature Certificate(DSC), if available and applicable, and click on ‘SUBMIT.’
- On successful upload of e-filing, acknowledgment details will appear.
- Take a printout of Acknowledgement/ITR-V Form for further use.
- ITR Form should be printed, signed and submitted to CPC, Bangalore by using Ordinary Post or Speed Post ONLY within 120 days from the date of e-Filing.
Income tax eFiling is not a complex process. Just follow the steps provided above. First and foremost, visit Income Tax India official page for e-filing IncomeTaxIndiaeFiling.gov.in, and register on the website if you are a new user.
Income Tax Efiling Postal Address
The Income-Tax Department-CPC,
Post Bag No. 1,
Electronic City Post Office,
Bangalore, 560 100, Karnataka.
How to E-file Income-tax Return procedure?
Steps to file ITR1/ITR 4S Online
The Assessee has an option of submitting ITR 1/ITR 4S by way of Uploading by Online submission.
- Visit the Income Tax India official website IncomeTaxIndiaeFiling.gov.in for the e-file return of income.
- Login to the e-Filing application to incometaxefiling login and Prepare and Submit ITR form Online.
- Select the Income Tax Return(ITR) Form ITR 1/ITR 4S(SUGAM) and the Assessment Year.
- Fill the relevant details and click the SUBMIT button.
- On successful submission of ITR1/ITR4S Form, Acknowledgement details will appear.
- Click on the link to take a printout of Acknowledgement/ITR-V Form.
Income Tax Form by Tax Professional
Step by step process to efiling of income tax return on online.
- Visit the Income Tax India official website www.IncomeTaxIndiaeFiling.gov.in.
- Go to ‘Downloads’ tab and select relevant Income Tax Form of the relevant Assessment Year and download it.
- Enter the relevant details such as utility and Validate.
- Generate an XML file and save for future use.
- To Upload ITR form Login to the e-Filing application through incometaxefiling login and then upload Form.
- Select appropriate ITR Form and the Assessment Year.
- Upload Digital Signature Certificate(DSC) and click on ‘Submit.’
- On successful upload, the Income Tax Form is sent to Assessee’s workflow for acceptance.
For More information like income tax efiling login steps, efiling income tax last date, Procedure for efiling of income tax return check our site frequently.