If you want to know your Jurisdictional Assessing Officer Details then Know Your Jurisdiction is the easy way to find required details. Here is the direct link to Know your PAN Jurisdiction. Before checking the Income Tax Jurisdiction read the instructions and required details for Jurisdiction of PAN that are provided below.
Know Your Jurisdiction
Along with ‘Know your PAN‘ application Income Tax Department also provided the Know Your Jurisdiction application which is useful for many taxpayers. This is the online application through which you can Know Your Jurisdictional Assessing Officer details without visiting the Income Tax Office. It saves a lot of time and energy.
What is the use of Jurisdiction AO details?
It is necessary for you to Know your jurisdiction because in some situations you may need to meet your Jurisdiction Assessing Officer. Also, some taxpayers want to find out their Circle/Range/Ward in which they need to file IT Return with or are assessed with. Recently, as per some experts, CBDT (Central Board Of Direct Taxes) has changed the jurisdictions of many taxpayers. This change is due to reshuffling of the jurisdiction of many Income Tax authorities. So, it is better for each assessee/taxpayer to check whether his Jurisdictional Income-tax Authority / AO (Assessing Officer) / ITO has been changed or not.
Assessing Officer is directly related to your PAN Number. So using your PAN Card number you can know Jurisdiction, AO Type, Area Code, and Range Code. If you don’t your PAN, you can use Know your PAN application which requires just your Date of Birth and Surname. With that PAN number Know your PAN Card Jurisdiction AO details. Here is the easy way to ‘Know your Jurisdiction Income Tax’ within one step through Online without visiting Income Tax Department. Follow the instructions carefully that are given below.
Procedure to Know Your PAN Jurisdictional AO
Follow the simple steps given below to know your Income Tax Jurisdiction.
- Visit the online portal of Income Tax India i.e. incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in.
- On the left side menu of ‘Services’, you can find ‘Know Your Jurisdiction AO’.
- Click on that or use the direct link provided here: Click here to Know your Tax Jurisdiction AO
- Now enter the 10-digit PAN number and Captcha code given in the image.
- Finally, Click on Submit and Know Your Jurisdiction as shown in below image.
- If you don’t know your PAN number, use the above-mentioned service i.e. Know your PAN. With that PAN number, you can easily find your AO code, AO type, Name (Surname, Middle Name, First Name), Area Code, Range Code, Jurisdiction, Building Name, E-mail ID, etc. as shown in below image.
What is Jurisdiction/ Income Tax Ward / Range?
In India, there are more than 3 Crore taxpayers. To assess the Income Tax returns Income Tax Department designated many Income Tax Officers. These Income Tax Officers are placed in different offices across India. Each Income Tax Officer is designated a specified area and a specified category of assessees/taxpayers. Specified category of taxpayers falls within the jurisdiction of that specified Income Tax Officer only.
So the number, i.e., Income Tax Circle/ Ward/ Assessing Officer Code/ Range Number has been assigned to the Officer who would be monitoring your IT returns. The Income Tax Assessing Officers also have the powers to scrutinize your Income Tax returns in the case of any discrepancy and also demand extra payment of taxes in such cases. The Income Tax AO also approves the Income Tax refund himself for a taxpayer who falls within his jurisdiction.
Know your Jurisdiction Building Name
Income Tax India also provides the address of the Building Name that is mentioned in the ‘Know your Jurisdiction’ page on giving your PAN number. To find the address of that building, follow the below process.
- Visit the online portal of Income Tax India – www.incometaxindia.gov.in.
- There, in the menu of Important Links, there will be Jurisdiction as shown below.
- Click on that or use the direct link provided here: Click Here.
- There, on selecting the state, a pdf file opens which gives the details about the Income Tax Jurisdiction.