Gujarat VAT Payment Modes
In Gujarat, VAT payment can be made in two modes (online and offline). The easier way of VAT payment will be the online one as the taxpayer can make the payment from anywhere and anytime.
Gujarat VAT Payment – Gujarat Commercial Tax Department
To avoid the hassles of standing in long queues and filling four copies of challans, Gujarat Commercial Tax department offers Online VAT payment option. The taxpayer can pay GVAT Online by using NetBanking service at his convenience.
Advantages of Online Gujarat VAT e Payment
- Online payment of taxes from Desktop is easy to operate, convenience.
- The Online Payment service of Gujarat VAT is available 24*7*365 basis.
- One can pay on behalf of the company, firm or for others from anywhere in the country.
- No need of physical Challan submission by the taxpayer.
- Immediate acknowledgment of VAT payment in the form of Cyber Receipt forms the relevant bank.
How to make the Gujarat Vat Payment?
Here we are providing the complete procedure for Gujarat Commercial Tax – VAT Payment. Let us take a look at Gujarat Vat e payment procedure.
- Visit the Gujarat Commercial Tax official website: http://www.commercialtax.gujarat.gov.in/.
- Enter the Assessee details such as name, User ID, password.
- Fill in the particulars of the Challan & submit the transaction.
- After filling all the necessary, information assessee will need to hit the confirm button.
- To make the Gujarat VAT payment, enter your NetBanking Customer ID and Password.
- Enter your account details to get your account debited online.
- Print the online Challan instantaneously for future reference.
Gujarat VAT Offline Payment – Gujarat Commercial Tax
- The dealer is needed to visit the Commercial Tax Gujarat Sate office to make the payments(Counter Payment).
- The assessee will need to choose the bank through which they wish to make the payment.
- They can choose the pay the GVAT via any of this mode of payment; cash, cheque or demand draft.
- The taxpayer is required to file the returns as usual on the Gujarat commercial tax website and fill in the mandatory details and generate a challan ( e-Pay-in-Slip) for counter payments.
- If the GVAT Payment made by the cash then, the dealer/taxpayer would need to enter the amount of tax to be paid.
- If the mode of payment is either cheque or demand draft then, the details of cheque or demand draft will need to be entered.
- The assessee can visit the nearest authorized bank to make the payment.
- After getting an acknowledgment of the payment from the authorized bank, the dealer will need to log in again to the commercial tax website and verify the Gujarat VAT payment.
Gujarat VAT e-Filing
A few examples of the types of business concerns and parties that must file monthly VAT returns in Gujarat.
- Dealers or Assessee that have a VAT payment over Rs. 60,000/- in either the current year or previous year.
- Importers and Exporters.
- Dealers of Schedule III goods.
- Dealers that enjoy the benefits of exemption or deferment.
- Businesses in SEZs (Special Economic Zones) that have refunds or remissions under Section 40 or Section 41.
Gujarat VAT Filing for quarterly
- Businesses & dealers that are permitted to pay lump sum tax.
- Businesses & dealers whose VAT tax is under Rs. 60,000/-.
All dealers and businesses must file an annual tax return in addition to their quarterly or monthly returns.
Gujarat VAT Filing Due Dates
Let us take a look at Gujarat VAT Filing due dates here.
|Annual Turnover||Due Date|
|Less than Rs.1 crore||30th of June|
|More than Rs.1 crore||31st of December|
Gujarat VAT Payment Due Dates
Gujarat Commercial tax Payment is due by or before the following dates.
|Nature of the Taxpayer||GVAT Payment Due Date|
|Dealers of Schedule 3 Goods||12 days from the end of the month, or quarter, in which VAT returns are filed.|
|Other Dealers||2 days from the end of the month, or quarter, in which VAT returns are filed.|
For more information regarding Gujarat VAT rates, Gujarat VAT Form 402, Form 107 Gujarat, Form 304 Gujarat and Gujarat VAT Form 403, visit the Gujarat VAT Forms-Rates link.