Know how to make Online Payment for TNVAT within few Steps. The people of Tamil Nadu can easily make the TNVAT e Payment by following the steps given below. First of all Tamil Nadu Value Added Tax is also known as TNVAT which came into existence with effect from 1st January 2007. Here there are 2 different modes to make Tamil Nadu VAT Payment. They are
- Tamil Nadu VAT Offline Payment.
- TNVAT Online Payment.
Tamil Nadu VAT Offline Payment
The Assessee’s who have not registered for internet banking account can pay their VAT Tax through 3 banks all over Tamil Nadu. They are
- Indian Overseas Bank.
- Indian Bank.
- Vijaya Bank.
The dealer need not visit any of the VAT offices to make payment but by generating this e-pay-in-slip (Challan) he can easily pay the VAT. Cheques, Cash, and DD are accepted as a mode of payments by the banks. There are 9 bank branches of these 3 banks who accept the Tamil Nadu VAT Payments.
The Counter (Bank) activation process of TNVAT is as follows:
- The dealer must log in to the TNVAT portal for activating Counter Payment (Bank).
- Then after select ‘Payment Mode Selection’ and then click on the ‘Counter Payment (Bank)’ and activate the account. Select any one bank from the 3 bank list to make counter payment.
- In TN website the dealer has an option to choose Online Payment (Net Banking) or Counter Payment (Bank) or Cheque Payment at Circle Office (default mode).
- Select any one type of option to make Tamil Nadu Value Added Tax Payment.
Step by Step Procedure for Tamil Nadu Value Added Tax Offline Payment
Step1: As usual the dealer has to first file e-Return and confirm it. For the dealers who have activated Counter Payment (Bank), the details will be disabled in the efiling part of the page.
Step2: The dealer needs to generate Challan (e-Pay-in-Slip) at the banks for Counter Payments. For this, the assessee has to log in to the page by clicking on e-Payment option.
Step3: Here the taxpayer has the following options:
- The Assessee needs to enter the amount and confirm if the payment of VAT is by cash and then an e-pay-in-slip will be generated.
- The taxpayer has to select one of the 3 banks given above and fill the cheque details & click on confirm if the payment of VAT Tax is by DD/ Cheque and then an e-pay-in-slip will be generated.
- Here the dealer has the option to pay multiple taxes for example. Form 1 & Form 2.
- Print the challan form and visit the nearest bank branch for remittance of taxes.
- The challan form generated will be valid only for 14 days. If the validity expires then the dealer has to re-generate the challan form by making a new payment.
Step4: Take the generated challan form and visit the bank. The bank will accept the challan instantly if the mode of the payment is through cash or cheque from the same bank in which the assessee has the account and remits the payment.
Step5: In a case if the cheque payment does not belong to the same bank then the payment acknowledgement will be given only after
Step6: After receiving the acknowledgement the dealer has to login to the Tamil Nadu VAT portal and under the e-payment verification link verify the e-payment transaction.
Step7: If the status of the transaction is ‘Success’ then the dealer will receive an acknowledgement. Then the dealer has to submit a copy of the Returns, acknowledgement received from TNVAT e-Payment portal, and the acknowledgement given by the Bank e-Pay-in-Slip at the Circle office.
TNVAT Online Payment – TNVAT e Payment Procedure
The Assessee of Tamil Nadu can pay the Value Added Tax through Online. Follow the steps given below for TNVAT e-Payment. After receiving the acknowledgement from the bank the dealer can make payment through online.
- Visit the Commercial Taxes Department of Tamil Nadu.
- Log on to the website www.tnvat.gov.in for making the VAT payment.
- Click on TNVAT e-Payment which on the bottom left corner of the page.
- After clicking on the button, you can see the pop-up window as shown below.
- Enter the details and login to the account.
- Select the bank from the list given above and make your payment.
- Then a Challan page will be opened.
- Enter your details and click submit.
- Then re-check all your entered details and click on ‘Pay’.
- After payment, you will receive an acknowledgement by the TNVAT Government.