EPF balance is the amount that is there in your Employee’s Provident Fund Account. The PF balance consists of the amount deducted every month from your salary along with the amount that is contributed to your PF account by your employer. Know your EPF Balance Online for your retirement savings. Employee’s Provident Fund launched an online enquiry platform for PF balance in 2013. The main reason behind the move was to give employees quick access to information related to their PF account balance. EPFO has launched many facilities of EPF balance enquiry Online.
Check EPF Balance online
Before Online EPF Balance Check was made available to the users, finding out PF account status was not an easy task and required forms to be filled and offices to be visited for knowing this simple information. With the launch of the online PF balance check facility, employees can now are aware of their PF balance in the matter of few minutes. Employee Provident Fund Organization started to tell the EPF balance in online mode. You can also download EPF passbook and even get EPF balance through the SMS and a missed call as well. EPF is leading part of the remuneration structure of any salaried employee in India. Checking on EPF can give you valuable insights into the status of your PF account especially for instances when you wish to withdraw your EPF amount partially or in case you wish to avail a loan against your EPF.
Employe ProvidentPF is the regular contribution of you and your employer. The Status of your EPF account balance presents the situation of your retirement planning. So, it is always good to check your EPF balance status regularly. The Employee Provident Fund is a primary savings tool for a large number of people working in private organized sector in India. EPF accounts and Provident Fund balance is managed by Indian Government agency called ‘Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO).
Ways to check EPF Balance Enquiry
Let us have a look at How to Check EPF Account Balance, What are the methods available for EPF Balance Enquiry, EPF Balance Status Online in the following sections. You can check EPF Balance online in Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai, Gujarat and you can also download PF statement online many different ways like with PF number, UAN portal login, or by missed call, Android app on mobile SMS, and other possible ways. Check out the best methods of PF Balance Enquiry here. You can use any of these following ways to keep track of Employees Provident Fund.
|1.||Check PF Balance Online|
|2.||EPF balance By UAN Number & password at UAN Portal|
|3.||Download EPF passbook From Member Portal|
|4.||Download EPF Android App|
|5.||EPF Balance through missed call|
|6.||Get Monthly Update Through the SMS|
|7.||Send an SMS to get back PF account status|
Check EPF Balance Through UAN
Universal Account Number-UAN is a unique number assigned to the individual salaried employee under the employee’s provident fund (EPF) scheme. UAN number does not change even when you change your PF account number or your employer. UAN has eased many EPF related tasks. Once you have registered your Universal Account Number, you will receive a monthly SMS about your PF contribution and new available EPF balance. UAN also helps to get EPF balance status immediately. In future, the properly verified Universal Account Number (UAN) will make EPF withdrawal an online affair. Once you complete your EPF UAN Activation, you will be able to utilize all its various online services.
Steps for EPF Balance check on UAN portal
Here are a few steps that lead to EPF balance checking via UAN. Let us have a look at the EPF balance check By UAN Number and password.
- Go to UAN Members EPFO Services homepage http://uanmembers.epfoservices.in/
- Enter your Universal Account Number of UAN in required fields.
- Type your mobile number at which you will receive SMS.
- Choose your EPF state, and select your city specific EPF office from the list. For example, if your EPF state office is Tamilnadu and the local office is in Chennai, then choose Chennai as the city.
- Enter the captcha code that is prompted by the system. Finally, you will receive the EPF balance details and PIN the on the mobile number that you have furnished.
UAN Passbook Download for EPF balance
EPF Account Passbook is similar to our bank passbook. The EPF passbook lists down all transactions on your EPF account including both any partial withdrawals and deposits. UAN portal offers various online services like EPF passbook download. Let us have a look at the procedure for how to download EPF Passbook. The PF passbook has following details of your EPF account.
- Employee’s monthly Provident Fund contribution
- Employer’s monthly PF contribution
- Employer’s contribution towards employee pension scheme.
- Latest EPF balance.
Thus, the UAN passbook not only tells you the most recent PF balance but a whole statement of EPF balance and contribution at the end of every month. To get the facility of EPF statement inquiry through this mode, you need first to activate UAN account. After the UAN activation, you can log into the account and download the EPF passbook.
EPF Passbook Download Using the Member Portal
EPFO (Employees Provident Fund Organization) member portal you can register online and then get your EPF passbook. The EPF Passbook provision can be availed only for the individuals whose employer has uploaded the e-Challan Cum Return for the salary month of May 2012 and beyond. The best part about using the EPFO member portal for PF passbook is that there is no need to remember any user ID and password. All you have to need is a registered mobile number and any of the identity proof number such as PAN Card, Aadhar, voter ID, etc. are required to register and then make further EPF logins.
Multiple User ID numbers can be fed and stored along with the registered Mobile phone number. Any of these User ID numbers can then be used in combination with the phone number for reclaim of EPF statement via the EPF passbook. Before UAN portal, the EPFO member portal was the way to download the Employee Provident Fund passbook. If you want to download the EPF passbook, the member portal is easier to operate.
- If you have forgotten the UAN User Name and password or could not login into the UAN gateway, the EPF member portal can be useful.
- The Employee Provident Fund member portal does not require any extra information for passbook download. Only you need the PF number.
- To check the EPF balance through the Member Portal, you need to register with EPFO. The Registration is simple and needs the detail of any KYC document.
- Member portal does not need the password to log in. The KYC document number and mobile number is enough to login.
- After the login, you can download the PF passbook after giving PF number.
- A one-time password would be sent to your mobile number for authentication.
How to Check EPF balance via Android App
EPFO recently launched an Android app for PF balance tracking so as to capitalize on the mobile application trend in the Indian market. The mobile app serves the purpose of balance check as well as Passbook statement. The mobile Android app is not available on Google Play Store, and so we need to be downloaded manually from the Employee’s Provident Fund Organization official website. The EPF app currently in the market is only available for the Android version. EPFO will soon be launching mobile app versions for both blackberry and ios devices. Check out the complete information regarding Procedure for EPF Balance checking through Android Mobile App in the following section.
On the EPFO Andriod app link, click and check Provident Fund save target as. Once the EPFO Android app is installed on your mobile phone, you can open and feed in your name and account number to track the EPF status. The main file m-epf.apk and will are available on the mobile screen or desktop wherever you download it.
Check out the steps for using the EPF mobile app
- Open the Android mobile app on your phone and click Member.
- Under the Member option, select balance/Passbook option.
- Enter your 12 digit UAN number and your registered mobile number.
- The system will now verify the mobile number – UAN combination and will throw an error if it does not match.
- In case the UAN Number and mobile number combination are correct.
- You can check updated EPF balance information along with personal details like employee name, date of birth, Aadhar Card number, PAN for the tax deduction, last month PF contribution, etc.
- You can also get detailed EPF statement for the last seven months, by “view Passbook” option.
- EPF Balance tracking is a useful and handy way to check your EPF balance and that too on the go.
How to Check EPF balance online
The Online PF balance inquiry check will give you EPF membership detail at ‘Know your PF balance page.’ All you have to do is just enter only your EPF number and mobile number. The Provident Fund balance details are sent to your mobile. Through this method, you get to know the employee contribution, employer’s contribution, and pension amount separately.
Check out few steps to Know Your EPF Balance Online
The first step towards checking your EPF balance is to keep your EPF account number handy. This is the most valuable information on any communication regarding your EPF account.
- Visit EPF India official page:http://www.epfindia.com/site_en/KYEPFB.php.
- A New Page will open as shown.
- Click on the “Know your balance” option at the bottom of the webpage as shown.
- A new win will open as shown.
- Select the PF office state in which your EPF account is maintained.
- As soon as your select your EPF state, a list of city EPFO offices about that state will be displayed.
- Select your city specific EPF office, For example, if your PF state office is Karnataka and the local office is in Mysore Road, then select Mysore as the city from the list.
- Enter your EPF account number, and employe name as mentioned in EPF Slips and your valid mobile number.
- The EPF number would be in the following format – TN/MAS/0054222/000/0000111.
- Select I agree and Click submit and the EPF balance will be sent to your Mobile via SMS.
EPF Balance Enquiry using Missed Call Service
EPF Balance Missed Call is the easiest method to check the Provident Fund account balance. To check the EPF Balance through missed call all you have to do is just give a missed call to the designated number. Within few minutes, you would receive an SMS which states you about the latest EPF balance in your account. This EPF Missed Call service is entirely free of cost. The number to give missed call is provided below. Save it in your address book.
Inquiry Number To Check EPF Balance- 011 2290 1406 (Give a Missed Call)
Giving a simple missed call to 011-22901406 will ensure that you receive an SMS that lists down your EPF number, age, and names as per the EPF slip. To know your EPF balance, you will require your UAN along with PAN Number or Aadhar Number.
Check EPF balance by SMS
Know EPF Balance Through SMS Instead of Missed call. You can also check the EPF account balance by sending an SMS. The SMS would be similar to the missed call service offered by EPFO. The message is sent in the given format to the specified number.
Format of SMS to check EPF Balance is – EPFOHO UAN ENG
Number to receive SMS of EPF balance – 7738 299 899
However, in this SMS Service, you have the option to get the EPF account balance in your language like Hindi, Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, etc. EPF SMS service is also useful when you are not able to call from your mobile. To know the your EPF balance through SMS, you have to send a message.
Important points to keep in mind while checking EPF balance
With the introduction of Digital Technology in various government sectors, the tracking and maintenance of EPF balance have become a piece of cake. However, some key points need to be kept in mind for successful EPF login and viewing of EPF balance. Let us look into a few Important points to keep in mind while checking EPF balance.
- The Registration at member portal for EPF passbook download, only one mobile number can be used for one EPF registration.
- Multiple EPF ID numbers can be added one after the other during registration so as to make use of any identity proof number during the time of registration
- One member of the portal can view a maximum of up to 10 EPF account balances
- Any registered mobile number can see only one EPF account details and for more accounts either more phone numbers should be recorded or PF transfer through form 13 needs to be applied for.