Gujarat VAT Payment Modes
The Gujarat VAT payment aka GVAT Payment can be made in two modes (online and offline). The easier way of Gujarat VAT payment will be the online one as the taxpayer can make the payment from anywhere and anytime.
Gujarat VAT Payment – Gujarat Commercial Tax Department
To avoid the hassles of standing in long queues and filling four copies of challans, Gujarat Commercial Tax department offers Online VAT payment option. The taxpayer can pay GVAT Tax Online by using NetBanking service at his convenience. Check out the simple steps for Gujarat Vat return Payment Online.
Advantages of Online Gujarat VAT e Payment
- Online payment of taxes from Desktop is easy to operate, convenience.
- The Online Payment service of Gujarat VAT is available 24*7*365 basis.
- One can pay on behalf of the company, firm or for others from anywhere in the country.
- No need of physical Challan submission by the taxpayer.
- Immediate acknowledgment of VAT payment in the form of Cyber Receipt forms the relevant bank.
How to make the Gujarat Vat Payment Online?
- Visit the Gujarat Commercial Tax official website: http://www.commercialtax.gujarat.gov.in/.
- Enter the Assessee details such as name, User ID, password.
- Fill in the particulars of the Challan & submit the transaction.
- After filling all the necessary, information assessee will need to hit the confirm button.
- To make the Gujarat VAT payment, enter your NetBanking Customer ID and Password.
- Enter your account details to know your account debited online.
- Print the online Challan instantaneously for future reference.
Here we are providing the complete procedure for Gujarat Commercial Tax – Gujarat VAT Payment. Let us take a look at Gujarat Vat e payment procedure above.
Gujarat VAT Payment Offline – Gujarat Commercial Tax
- The dealer should visit the Commercial Tax Gujarat Sate office to make the payments(Counter Payment).
- The assessee will need to choose the bank through which they wish to make the payment.
- You can choose the pay the Gujarat VAT return via any of this mode of payment; cash, cheque or demand draft.
- The Taxpayer should file the returns as usual on the Gujarat commercial tax website and fill in the mandatory details and generate a challan ( e-Pay-in-Slip) for counter payments.
- If the GVAT Payment made by the cash then, the dealer/taxpayer must enter the amount of tax to be paid.
- If the mode of Gujarat VAT payment is either cheque or demand draft then, the details of cheque or demand draft will need to be enter in the GVAT filing page.
- The assessee can visit the nearest authorized bank to make the payment.
- After getting an acknowledgment of the payment from the authorized bank, the dealer should log in again to the commercial tax website and verify the Gujarat VAT payment.
Gujarat VAT e-Filing – Commercialtax.gujarat.gov.in
A few examples of the types of business concerns and parties that must file monthly Gujarat VAT return.
- Dealers or Assessee that have a VAT payment over Rs. 60,000/- in either the current year or previous year.
- Importers and Exporters.
- Dealers of Schedule III goods.
- Dealers that enjoy the benefits of exemption or deferment.
- Businesses in SEZs (Special Economic Zones) that have refunds or remissions under Section 40 or Section 41.
Gujarat VAT Filing for quarterly
- Businesses & dealers that are permitted to pay lump sum tax.
- Businesses & dealers whose VAT tax is under Rs. 60,000/-.
All dealers and businesses must file an annual tax return in addition to their quarterly or monthly returns.
Gujarat VAT Filing Due Dates
Let us take a look at Gujarat VAT Filing due dates here.
|Annual Turnover||Due Date|
|Less than Rs.1 crore||30th of June|
|More than Rs.1 crore||31st of December|
Gujarat VAT Payment Due Dates
|Taxpayer Type||GVAT Payment Due Date|
|Dealers of Schedule 3 Goods||12 days from the end of the month, or quarter, in which Gujarat VAT return are filed.|
|Other Dealers||2 days from the end of the month, or quarter, in which VAT return are filed.|
Gujarat Commercial tax Payment is due by or before the following dates. Check out VAT Return due date in Gujarat 2016-17. These GVAT Payment due dates are essential for the Gujarat VAT return paymen t Online.
For more information regarding Gujarat VAT rates, Gujarat VAT Form 402, Form 107 Gujarat, Form 304 Gujarat and Gujarat VAT Form 403, visit the Gujarat VAT Forms-Rates link.