TIN No Search: Are you not yet applied for TIN Number Online? Then, check the Online TIN registration process on this page and get the TIN no. The complete VAT registration process along with the TIN application form are available here. You can also know your TIN number through TIN Search by name. Learn the essentials of TIN (Tax Identification Number) and how to check TIN number Online. Read the complete article to know who has to obtain TIN, How to apply for TIN No, Documents required to TIN Application online, TIN Search, TIN Number Check and Know your TIN number etc.
Here you can Search your TIN number Just by enter your TIN/Vat /CST number below and check name and address of the TIN holder. Due to the late update of Few State Commercial tax department website, you may not get latest TIN number search details. TIN Search has been made easy by the availability of online search tools.
What is a TIN Number?
TIN stands for Tax Identification Number, it is a unique number allotted to business enterprises for tracking their transactions by Commercial tax department of respective State. A TIN number is an eleven digit number to be mentioned in all VAT transactions and correspondence. The TIN no is used to identify dealers registered under Value Added Tax. The first 2 digits of the TIN number indicate the issued state code. The set-up of other 9 digits of TIN No may differ by state governments. Tax Identification Number is applied for both sales done between two or more states or within a state. Like PAN Number, TIN number is also being used to identify dealers, to the identification of assesses under IT Act. Let us have a look at the TIN No Search, TIN Number online application, and TIN Verification.
Who has to Obtain TIN Number?
TIN registration is mandatory for Traders/Manufacturer/Exporters/Dealers. A TIN number is issued to the business, not an individual. All state commercial tax department of India has a stipulation to provide a new TIN to existing Traders/Manufacturer/Dealers/Exporters to replace their old CST number/registration. Know your TIN Number Online steps are here.
So, there is no difference in TIN/VAT/CST because only one number is needed for all type of sales you made. When TIN is used for intrastate sales then it is called as VAT number. In some cases, i.e., when it requires the same TIN is being considered as CST number.
How to apply TIN Number Online? – TIN Search
You can apply tin number through Online or Offline. The Online TIN application process is easy than the offline TIN application process. How to get a tin number is a common question arises in everyone’s mind. Check out the steps to You can apply TIN number without visiting the office to submit an application to Government Department. For this, you have to visit the website of the sales tax department of your respective state. Let us have a look at How to apply for TIN no Online and TIN no search?
- For online, visit the official site www.tin-nsdl.com. For the location of the nearest IN-Facilitation Centres Cum PAN Centres Click Here.
- For offline, download the application form attached: TIN Application Form
Documents required for TIN number
Check out the Documents required for TIN number Registration The documents required for apply TIN number Online as follows. It is important to collect the documents required for TIN number registration before hand for error free TIN number Online registration.
- ID Proof/Address proof/PAN card of the proprietor with 4 to 6 number of photographs.
- Address proof of Business premises.
- 1st Sale/Purchase Invoice, copy of LR/GR & payment/collection proof with the bank statement.
TIN Verification- How to verify TIN or CST number?
This field covers how to verify TIN no or CST number using TIN Search or CST Search. You can also verify CST number and TIN no online. Check TIN number verification procedure in the following section. To Verify CST number and TIN number Online for dealer registered under CST Act online visit the tax Information exchange system website www.tinxsys.com. Check TIN number Search Online steps.
- Visit www.tinxsys.com.
- On TIN homepage, click on the Dealer Search hyperlink.
- In Dealer Search Criteria you can use TIN search or Search by CST.
TIN No Search
VAT dealer, CST Dealer Search is essential for the VAT/CST Invoice /DC Preparation, Waybills Upload, C/H/F Form Upload, E-Sugam, Firm / Company Information, etc. So it is necessary for TIN search by name and TIN number. Check TIN search by name in the following section.
Steps for TIN Search
Let us have a look at the steps for TIN No Search in the following section. By using this simple steps
- For TIN Number Search click on ‘Search by TIN’ On dealer search page.
- Enter Your TIN No verify in the text box provided as shown in below figure.
- If you entered a valid TIN Number, then the details of the dealer having that T.I.N will be displayed.
- If the TIN Number you have entered is not a valid number, then an error message will be displayed showing that ‘Invalid TIN has been entered’.
Search by CST
Instead of TIN no search, you can also use the CST search. The procedure is as follows.
- On dealer search page click on the ‘Search By CST’.
- In CST search box, select the State name and enter CST number.
- If entered CST is a valid number, then the details of the dealer having that CST will be displayed.
- If entered CST is not a valid number, then an error message will be displayed showing that ‘Invalid CST has been entered’.